Monday, August 2, 2010

Dining Creatively with Creative Friends

Week Six and the fabulous Fiona fascinates ...

This blog explores the art of FINE DINING in the company of CREATIVE FRIENDS.
Each week I hold a dinner party themed on a letter of the alphabet - A to Z.
The menu follows the alphabet, and at each dinner I host a creative guest of honour whose name also corresponds with that letter of the alphabet.
Each guest and their work is featured on this blog - and there is also be A to Z etiquette tips for the guests at the end of each posting ...
And finally at the end of the blogging ( November ) you will be able to purchase a creative book featuring the guests and the recipes.

... enjoy dinner with Fiona ( and other guests Audrey, Barry, Priscilla and Rick ) ... but first ...

Fate's Cruel Blow ... by Buttercup

Oh! to be a cauliflower
beside a Brussel Sprout
deep within my cauli heart
I'd positively shout

I'd be happy in a casserole
consomme or stew
oh! my little Brussel Sprout
if there I was with you

I'd pass up all the carrots
the peas hold no attraction
from my little Brussel Sprout
I'd get my satisfaction

I'd swim on through the gravy
with hope arising still
oh! my little Brussel Sprout
love, must have it's fill

Searching for my long lost love
I'd inch across the plate
oh! my little Brussel Sprout
I fear it is too late

With knife and fork descending
the end is very near
oh! my little Brussel Sprout
do not shed a tear

With cries of help ascending
as I slithered down his throat
oh! my little Brussel Sprout
I hope the blighter chokes !!

___________________________________________

... F ...












Guest of honour - Fiona Dempster










Entree - Fetta and Basil hash Browns










Mains - Filet of Fish with Fragrant Rice and Fennel Bake










Dessert - Fruit Fondue
_________________________________________

Artist in Profile - Fiona Dempster - Calligrapher, Book Maker

I describe myself as a calligraphic and book artist, because I love letters, words and books and they form the basis of my artwork.

I am a self confessed cartaphile (my made up word for paper-lover), graphyophile (my made up word for lover of writing) and bibliophile (lover of books and I didn’t make that one up).















I am not a fan of the arts-crafts divide and arguments that rage in the pages of art journals and in the halls of art schools about what is art and what is craft (usually suggesting that ‘art’ is better than ‘craft’); I have never felt ‘lesser’ than a painter because I am a designer and a maker!

My work is often quiet, small and intimate. It quietly draws you in and asks you to spend some time with it.

This is in part why I love artist’s books - books that allow the viewer to be intimate with the work; to have a one on one experience and to be drawn into the artist’s world, often quietly and

slowly.

You can follow Fiona's Blog at ... < http://paperponderings.blogspot.com >
__________________________________________

Etiquette Tips from Madame de Plumes ...







Formal etiquette requires that when writing to a divorced lady you address her as Mrs Jane Smith but when writing to a widow, she is Mrs Jonathan Smith - as when she was married. However, unfortunately the modern trend is just to call her plain Jane Smith, most inelegant!
________________________________________________

The next posting will be Tuesday 10 August - when you'll meet
the green gastronome "G", and dine on the generous "g" menu.

___________________________________________

To receive regular updates on this blog -
follow the prompts at the top of this page ...
and please pass this Blog onto all your Blogging Foodie Friends ...

Cheers - Ken Munsie



No comments:

Post a Comment